Deposits & Fees
- $ 75.00/Electric
- $200.00/All Electric homes
- $ 50.00/Water-Sewer
The total deposit of $250.00 will be returned to the utility account after two (2) continuous years of payments being made by the 15th of each month. Interest is not paid on residential deposits.
Commercial and Industrial Deposits:
- Cash Deposit – Equal to two times the average monthly bill over the last 24 month period OR one and one-half times the largest monthly bill, whichever is greater. If no reasonable amount can be established on past usage, an amount will be set by the Utility Department.
- Security Bond – Two times the highest bill over the last twelve month period. If no reasonable amount can be established on past usage, an amount will be set by the Utility Department.
- Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit – Two times the highest bill over the last twelve month period. Customers may also use the City of Falls City Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit document provided by the Utility Department and subject to final approval by the Utility Department.
All commercial deposits are kept for the life of the business. Cash deposits are paid interest at the rate of 4%.
- $15.00 / to do meter readings on active utilities and set up new account.
- $40.00 / to turn on all utilities at one time and to set up new account.
- $15.00/Electric and Water only turn on
- $25.00/Gas only turn on
- $50.00 ($100.00 after hours) re-connection charge due to disconnect of services for nonpayment of bill. This charge, the unpaid bill and applicable deposit must be paid before re-connection.